Natural Language Processing Applications in Healthcare – Health Talks
Welcome to the next event from the Health Talks series – health, life sciences and entrepreneurship talks organised by Aalto University, Business Turku, Centria Health Hub, Health Design, HealthHub Finland EDIH, Healthtech Finland, HiLIFE, Kuopio Health, OuluHealth, Tampere Health, Terkko Health Hub.
This Health Talks will focus on Natural Language Processing (NLP) applications in healthcare. Nowadays most of us know ChatGPT and how it has promised to revolutionize the way we work. Come and listen how NLP, the technique behind ChatGPT, can change the future of healthcare. You will also learn about the NLPs implications on the education of healthcare professionals and health practice. The talk will also introduce the newly established Turku Centre for Intelligent Computing (CIC) (Tekoälykeskus in Finnish) and how it will support AI research and development.
- 9:30-9:35 Opening words and introduction of HealthHub Finland EDIH/ HealthTurku, Henrik Honkanen
- 9:35-9:50 Turku Centre for Intelligent Computing (CIC), Kaj-Mikael Björk
- 9:50-10:20 A brief introduction to NLP and large language models, Hans Moen
- 10:20-10:50 Implications for education and practice of NLP in Healthcare, Laura-Maria Peltonen
- 10:50-11:00 Closing words