Innovation ecosystems are the future! Changes in the global operational environment emphasise the significance of a systematic approach, collaboration and openness in the generation of innovation. This systematic approach can be best achieved through close interaction of companies, research institutions, public sector, consumers and other actors. These mixed, open innovation ecosystems are tight, dynamic and self-regulated networks in which openness, interaction and interdependence are stronger than in normal networks or clusters.
The companies and communities involved in the Kuopio Health project make this innovation ecosystem possible.
Welcome to the new generation of innovation
Changes in the global operational environment emphasise the significance of a systematic approach, collaboration and openness in the generation of innovation. Why do we need more collaborative touch? For example:
- Availability of a skilled workforce is a challenge in many fields. We need to bring the possibilities and the high-level know-how visible.
- A large number of ideas and inventions are generated in companies and research institutions. We need tools and networks to commercialise the inventions by providing good value knowledge for go-to-market.
- By enabling effective workflow in innovation process we generate possibilities compatible on international markets.
- Effectiveness in funding by co-operation and collaboration are well acknowledged.
- Innovation culture is more open and companies are willing to increase collaboration.
- The Kuopio region has genuinely excellent circumstances to launch open innovation of the health care sector.